Race #2 - Rogue River Run (Rogue River, OR) 34:00

I think we are HOOKED! Alissa joined the Southern Oregon Runners Club, and gets all the info on the races. We have made the ultimate goal of completing a marathon together...in Hawaii. So, we have LOTS of training to do before that happens.
Alissa chose the 1/2 marathon event...which she did great, but I did the 5K so as not to be DEAD on Isaac's birthday. I had a lot planned, and I needed to be able to function. It was really hard for me to stay motivated without her right next to me encouraging me. It was a concern that we both had, so I made little laminated slips of paper to carry in our wrist pockets that said, "I won't give up, if you won't give up." It did the trick! I did my race in a much better time, and Alissa finished her 1/2 marathon in under 3 hours....reaching yet another goal of hers.

Isaac was waiting at the finish line with Kevin, and I thought to myself, "there is no better gift I can give you today than memories of a healthy happy, active mommy." He says he wants to run with me sometime....I think that would be SOOO fun! Next race is the Shamrock Run.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sticky Fingers Dilemma

No Excuses...NO LIMIT!

Exercise At Home