Race #3 - Shamrock Run (Central Point, OR) 1:07:03

Well, today was a big day for milestones for me. It started out rushing to Medford to weigh in at WW meeting where I reached a huge milestone....60 official pounds gone! It was a pretty awesome feeling, but short lived as I didn't stay at the meeting, but scooted out to go register for the 5 mile Shamrock Run. ( I figure race participation was a good excuse to miss a meeting). I ran with my girl, Alissa, who has been and continues to be my major motivation source in this crazy endeavor and won't let me give up.....ever. True to her character, after crossing the finish line, she waited for me at the entrance to the track field, and ran with me around the track as I finished the last stretch of the run. WHAT AN AWESOME FRIEND! She convinced her son, Thomas to run this with us, which made it all the more fun.....hard for me to believe that she has a 19 year old. She seriously amazes me! So I logged some more miles on my new 350 mile shoes..,..didn't run my best race, but had a great time and felt a great sense of accomplishment for finishing the race. Alissa did 58:54 and Thomas did great for his first run....1:03

Post Race Pic
(Alissa, Thomas, Me)

I learned a lot and it as a good test run for our next event - the 10 mile Pear Blossom Run on April 11th. I learned that I shouldn't skip breakfast in order to acheive a good weigh in at WW the morning before running a race! You see, I have this weigh in routine, that includes (among other things) not drinking, or eating, and wearing the same exact clothes each time. That made for a hectic morning, and a slow run. I could feel myself starting to pass out, and so I slowed down my pace a lot.....but still finished. I think I better learn a little more about running...
.......and probably get a training schedule.......our best impression of tough girls

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sticky Fingers Dilemma

No Excuses...NO LIMIT!

Exercise At Home