Sign Wisdom

One of the most exciting parts of my recent trip to Utah was my ability to make healthy choices and suggestions without feeling bad or guilty, and without creating tension with my family and friends! I made it the entire 10 days without stepping foot into what I call a "sit and slop" restaurant (all you can eat buffets). It has always been a family favorite as it is the place to "get your money's worth."
My first full day at home I went to breakfast with "my girls" Angie and Jamie. I have been friends with Jamie for literally 30 years, and Angie joined our group in high school. We were an inseparable trio, and really look forward to getting together when I come home. One thing we love to do together is eat! My goal was to enjoy the time with them yet stay true to myself.

I felt like I had done pretty good, and as I was driving home, I noticed the sign on the local sit and slop. It read "10 DIFFERENT KINDS OF SEAFOOD EVERY NIGHT." Seriously? How many types of seafood do you really need at one sitting? That's a lot of fish food! it really struck me because I thought of past habits and lifestyle that would have led me there to get a good deal on all the seafood I could eat.
A few blocks down the road, an insurance business' sign read "WHAT YOU GIVE YOURSELF IS PRICELESS." And I thought....that is what my current habits and lifestyle reflects. The last 18 months have been some of the hardest for me, but I will agree they have been priceless. There have been many things I have given myself.....permission to take care of myself.....access to a personal trainer.....membership at a club.....permission to be myself and let go of what ideas others have for me.....healthy habits.....permission to let go of negative thoughts and behaviors..... all of which (and more) have truly been priceless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sticky Fingers Dilemma

No Excuses...NO LIMIT!

Exercise At Home