Race #4 - Pear Blossom (Medford, OR) 2:15:13

This was a monumental day for me - the longest run. I felt very apprehensive at first - and thought all the way to the start line that I should have signed up for one of the many other events they were holding that day. There was a 5k, 2 mile, and even a 10 mile walk that left 30 min earlier than the run, but there I was - signed up for the 10 mile run! There were some 1200 participants, and the energy was so high...it was a really fun experience. Here is a picture of us before the race began.


The race started, and my goal was just to keep a steady pace as long as I could, which I was able to do for the entire race. 2 minutes walking, 3 minutes running. I didn't really start to hurt until about mile 8. It was at that point I wondered if I was moving in the right direction because the finish line kept getting further and further away! My reoccurring thout for the duration of the run was that during the last Pear Blossom Festival the most exercise I got was walking to and from the car as well as walking around at the booths. What a difference a year can make! Here is me and Ikey enjoying lunch at the Fred Meyer BBQ after the parade. Still smiling after 10 miles! If you want to see a really pathetic picture of me.....looking defeated....click here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sticky Fingers Dilemma

No Excuses...NO LIMIT!

Exercise At Home