Learning the Difference


Posted in Moxie Memoirs on 03/28/2018

Some weeks I feel like a rock star. Food (the constant thinking and eating of it) and finding time for exercise come effortlessly. I set out to follow my plan designed to reach my goals and it seems to intuitively come together. I feel a little bit like my authentic self..my body and soul in harmony. It’s a feeling of wholeness that I can’t explain but savor when I find it.
Some weeks..not so much. Weeks like this last one – no matter how I try or plan I find I can’t quite reach that. Things happen and crowd out my plans. The Gremlins start smack-talking about my worth and willpower and suddenly I’ve faded in to the background of my own life. My tendency is to default to feeling like a failure - and I’m trying to pause before my brain absorbs that and invites more Gremlins to the table.
Truth is – life isn’t perfect and with all I have going on, setbacks are inevitable. I’ve learned to be prepared for them. In order to keep the Gremlins at bay, I have to learn and practicing knowing the difference. My health is always worth it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sticky Fingers Dilemma

No Excuses...NO LIMIT!

Exercise At Home