Mission Impossible?

Mr. Muhammad Ali once said,

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.”

I have no idea where he was when he said it or the background story. I am positive it is a great one. But when I read those words tonight they sunk in my soul. Deep. If there is anything I have learned through the last years of my life and especially my transformation, it is that NOTHING is IMPOSSIBLE. Nothing. Nada. It is not a fact. And because EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE -it makes impossible a dare...and a potentially powerful life changing moment.

When I used to ponder my life and it's potential all I saw were impossibilities. Inabilities. The what if's, can'ts, won'ts and shouldn'ts ruled my vernacular.

I can't exercise because....
I won't be successful this time either because....
It is impossible for me to run because...
I will never lose weight because...
I shouldn't go in to a gym because....
What if I do this and I fail....again?


And then the pivotal moment....took an open-eyed look at the world beyond what I was given and living. No lock on the door requiring me to stay there. What if ...what if... I give this all I've got and I succeed? Suddenly the possibilities came pouring in my brain.

Took the dare...pictured the potential....and I jumped. No looking back. Impossible really is nothing. Doesn't matter what "it" is.... it is possible (with a little GUMPTION of course! ;)

NOTHING has been IMPOSSIBLE for me ever since...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sticky Fingers Dilemma

No Excuses...NO LIMIT!

Exercise At Home