Are you worth it?


I encourage people to keep a journal, especially when they are going through weight loss and transformation.  It is not only a great way to keep track of food and exercise, but also a tool to record personal insights and realizations.  I kept record of the good, the bad, and yes even the ugly!  My journals have become precious to me.  Yes, I see a lot of  "I didn't so so well" or "I am so frustrated" entries, but there were also some great entries!  Some that were major miles markers on my journey...or "lightbulb" moments.   For instance:

March 2007 (6 months before I started my transformation)

"I am starting to catch a glimpse of that woman I was.  She has been buried and stuffed away for so long  - its gonna take some work to get her back.  This week I discovered something SO profound.  I found myself saying "I don't think I am worth it," when it comes to living up to my potential and doing all the things I have wanted to with my life.

Lightbulb!  How am I going value exercise, healthy eating, and taking care of "me" if "me" has no percieved value?  Spending time, energy, and other resource on "worthless" things makes no sense!  If I value me...I value the change.  A huge part of healing and getting healthy, is getting REAL.  And a huge part of making the effort to get there is finding that you are worth it..whatever the cost.  So to that woman 6 years ago (and to anyone else who may think like her)  I say:

YOU ARE WORTH IT!  You are worth so much more than you know....just the way you are!  You have great things ahead of you, and you have so much to offer this world!  Keep shining on!If your sparkle is hidden...find it!  If it's buried, figure it out, and find it!  Uncover it!  Don't wait for permission from others or depend on others to discover it!  It is there...ready and waiting!  You are amazing, inspiring, and kind of a big deal to lots of people.  Let that be the force that drives you until the shadows disappear!  Do it...whatever it is!

Journal tips:  Blog, FB, or old fashioned pen and paper.  Don't think about it... just do it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sticky Fingers Dilemma

No Excuses...NO LIMIT!

Exercise At Home