What Diet Are YOU On?



I have been asked several times (and asked the question myself), "What diet plan are you following?"  It is a timeless question.  Everyone wants to know what "plan" everyone else is "doing" especially when people are successful.  Which I might add is a perfectly good intention.  If you want success, model behavior of someone who has already achieved the success you want. However, be choosy and learn things for yourself.   Here are 3 HUGE truths about diets:

1.  They don't work.  Trust me, I have tried 90% of every new diet out there for the last 30 years.  They are designed for a quick fix, can't be maintained for long, and usually cut out really good nutritional and beneficial foods (or have you surviving daily on just enough energy for brain function).  Seriously?

2.  They are overpriced.   Any program of eating (in my humble opinion) that requires the purchase of excessive supplements and products to achieve your goal is first and foremost a  business, and a w:ay for someone else to earn money.  The products may be good and can be used to add to your plan of eating, but if it costs you a fortune, includes a bunch of extra gadgets, or requires an "autoship",  choose wisely.  Your best diet catalogue is the grocery store.  

3.  They are OSFA.  One size fits all.  Not every program is the best option for everybody.  We are all unique.  I spent a lot of money on "diet" foods that went to waste. My body needs REAL food, treats in moderation, and I have to get extra protein or my efforts are fruitless.  I have done my research, and follow an eating plan that (when I work it) it works for me.   Its on my blog. 

I could go on, but I don't want to write an essay.  Simply put:  YOU are THE PROGRAM dear reader.  Trust yourself.  Develop a good working relationship with your body, and figure out what it needs.  If you don't understand something or want more information - learn it.  Trust  the process and don't give in to the idea of perfectionism, quick fixes, or finding the answer somewhere else.   The answer (and power to do  it) are in you.

Get real and feel fabulous....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sticky Fingers Dilemma

No Excuses...NO LIMIT!

Exercise At Home